USS Hornet CV 8

USS Hornet CV 8
USS Hornet CV 8 under attack at Santa Cruz 1942

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Off to Historicon???

Well, it's that time of year again and I'm going to head off soon to Historicon. It's a great convention and usually it's very close to Baltimore. This year it's in Valley Forge, PA. That's a bit of a haul for me.

My nephew Mike wants to go too. That's great news because he hasn't asked me to go to one of the conventions in a long time. When Mike was a little kid he went with me to every one of them and really enjoyed. Lately, however, he has gotten into the whole teen scene, jobs, and just basically being a young adult (hummm... what does that say about me! I'm almost 40 and I still go to the conventions)..

Anyway, my original plan was to go to Historicon and spend the night at a hotel so that I could get two days at the con. However Mike adds a bit more to the cost side of things. With it being summer money is tight for the family. I haven't decided whether or not to stay the night.

I guess I'll keep dwelling on it until I make-up my mind.

I am going to try to get into some of the Axis & Allies gaming there though. I really like the system and I want to try it out at a convention. That could mean a late night though!

Regardless, it's great that Mike wants to come! I really enjoyed having him with me in the past and I really look forward to this trip now!

No comments:

Post a Comment